This property is bound by three roads namely being Dr Pixley Kasame (West) Street, Gillespie Street and Palmer Street and therefore enjoys high visibility exposure. The neighbourhood within the immediate vicinity of the subject property comprises mostly service industry and retail space.The property occupies a corner site, enjoying street frontage on Durban's main street Dr Pixley Kaseme(West) Street. Situated just a block down(approx 100m) from Durban's main beachfront, a number of rooms have seaviews. The property's location provides ideal access to all necessary amenities. It is located within 5 minutes drive from all of Durban's main attractions: International Convention Centre, the iconic Moses Mabhida Soccer Stadium, Suncoast Casino and Entertainment World, Ushaka Marine World and Durban harbour.
This property is Durban's largest hotel. Previously one of Durban's first 5 star hotels, it is currently being run as student accommodation.
The building comprises the following:
1. Approximately 334 ensuite bedrooms
2. Seminar and conference rooms
3. 6 floors of parking for 120 cars
4. Study hall with kitchen in each floor
5. Internal swimming pool and restaurant
6. Retail shops on the ground floor
7. Has the potential of occupying an entire city block with four road frontages with the owner having an interest in adjacent property as well
8. Security hut on the ground floor, reception and offices
9. Typical room - 2 bedroom - painted and plastered brick walls, painted concrete ceiling, ceramic tiled floors, steel framed/alumnimum windows
10. Penthouse on 10th floor
11. 3 Elevators
The site has been improved with surrounding shops, restaurants and holiday apartments.
52 Pixley Kaseme Street, Durban